|Am I Not Human?
Unfortunately, like many humans, we make mistakes. Certain parts of this article contain educated guesses due to the limited information available. If you know of a credible source than can inform this article, please help out!
|Preceeded By...||Two Steps From Heaven (industry album)
Archangel (public album)
|Suceeded By...||SkyWorld (public album)
Burn (industry album)
Halloween, released in 2012, was the third public album published by Two Steps From Hell and the nineteenth overall. As one can see by the cover, it featured 48 horror-themed songs, 47 of which were taken from industry albums Shadows and Nightmares, Dynasty, All Drums Go To Hell, Pathogen, Nemesis, Dreams & Imaginations, Legend, Ashes, The Devil Wears Nada, Power of Darkness and Nero. Notably, a select few had already released to the public on Demon's Dance.
In addition, one new song was featured - "To Die on Halloween" - which had lyrics performed by Nick Phoenix. New vocalist, Monica Barta, was also featured on This is Oh My Dear (a lyriced version of Monkey Business from The Devil Wears Nada) and Deck the Halls with Blood (which was also edited to include lyrics since its original release on Ashes).
Track List Edit
Tracks with a * are altered from their original versions.
|#||Title||Composer||From||Later Released On||Vocalist Featured|
|1||Possessed Gramophone||Thomas Bergersen||Dreams & Imaginations||N/A||Unknown|
|2||Cannibal||Nick Phoenix||Pathogen/Demon's Dance||N/A||N/A|
|3||72 Virgins||Thomas Bergersen||Power of Darkness||N/A||N/A|
|4||Swing-Set Murders||Nick Phoenix||Ashes/Demon's Dance||N/A||N/A|
|5||Moving Shadows||Thomas Bergersen||Dreams & Imaginations||N/A||N/A|
|6||Photos in Darkness||Nick Phoenix||Ashes/Demon's Dance||N/A||N/A|
|7||Cemetery Waltz||Thomas Bergersen||Shadows and Nightmares||N/A||N/A|
|8||To Die on Halloween||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Nick Phoenix|
|9||This is Oh My Dear*||Thomas Bergersen||The Devil Wears Nada (originally Monkey Business)||N/A||Monica Barta|
|10||Welcome to Widow Woods||Thomas Bergersen||Shadows and Nightmares (originally Inhuman Growth)||N/A||N/A|
|13||Something Wicked Lurks||Thomas Bergersen||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|14||Come What May||Thomas Bergersen||Shadows and Nightmares||N/A||N/A|
|15||Hunter's Moon||Thomas Bergersen||Nemesis||Legacy||N/A|
|16||Green Hill Massacre||Nick Phoenix||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|17||Ghostly Presence||Thomas Bergersen||Shadows and Nightmares||N/A||N/A|
|18||Bottomless Pit of Torment||Thomas Bergersen||Shadows and Nightmares||N/A||N/A|
|20||Exhumed||Thomas Bergersen||Ashes/Demon's Dance||N/A||Unknown|
|21||Jocelyn Janson||Nick Phoenix||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|22||Evil||Thomas Bergersen||Shadows and Nightmares||N/A||N/A|
|23||Crossword Killer||Nick Phoenix||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|24||Mmm Chicken||Thomas Bergersen||Dreams & Imaginations||N/A||N/A|
|25||Diabolical Clockwork*||Thomas Bergersen||All Drums Go To Hell||N/A||N/A|
|26||Take Me to Hell||Nick Phoenix||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|27||Deck the Halls With Blood*||Thomas Bergersen||Ashes||N/A||Monica Barta|
|28||Burn Baby||Thomas Bergersen||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|29||Death Came Early That Year||Thomas Bergersen||All Drums Go To Hell||N/A||N/A|
|31||Power of Darkness||Thomas Bergersen||Power of Darkness||N/A||N/A|
|32||Shed My Skin||Nick Phoenix||Pathogen||N/A||Unknown|
|33||She Rises||Thomas Bergersen||Shadows and Nightmares||N/A||N/A|
|34||Decimator||Thomas Bergersen||Power of Darkness||N/A||N/A|
|37||Flashes of Terror||Nick Phoenix||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|38||It Lives||Thomas Bergersen||Nero||N/A||N/A|
|39||Pane of Darkness||Nick Phoenix||Shadows and Nightmares||N/A||N/A|
|40||Twisted Children||Thomas Bergersen||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|41||Rising Darkness||Nick Phoenix||Shadows and Nightmares||N/A||N/A|
|42||Black Assassin||Thomas Bergersen||Dynasty||N/A||N/A|
|43||Raven Hill||Nick Phoenix||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|44||Red Omen||Thomas Bergersen||Nemesis/Demon's Dance||N/A||N/A|
|45||Zombie Train||Nick Phoenix||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|46||Split Personality||Nick Phoenix||Ashes||N/A||N/A|
|47||Waltz of the Willows||Thomas Bergersen||The Devil Wears Nada/Demon's Dance||N/A||N/A|
|48||Otherworld||Nick Phoenix||Pathogen||N/A||Unknown (likely Nick Phoenix)|
Media Usage Edit
- Ashes was used in the "Rise of the Rakghouls" trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Calamity was used in the Killzone 3 Justice Trailer and in a teaser for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.
- Hunter's Moon was used in the trailer for Beowulf.
- Black Assassin was used in a trailer for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
- Welcome to Widow Woods was used in an episode of The Innovators: The Men Who Built America.
- This is the first album to possess songs with English lyrics.
- This is one of only three albums to not have a CD version available of it. Instead, one must purchase it in a downloadable format.
- Two Steps From Hell released a music video of the track To Die on Halloween.
- This album features the shortest song ever released to the public, with Bottomless Pit of Torment lasting a mere twenty-two seconds.
- This is one of six albums not available on Extreme Music, alongside Archangel, Demon's Dance, Colin Frake on Fire Mountain, Legacy and Classics Volume Two.
- Every song, apart from the now-lyriced Deck the Halls With Blood as well as This is Oh My Dear and To Die on Halloween, can still be found under their original albums, however.
- This album has the longest track list out of any other public album, with 48.
- It is not, however, the longest album length-wise as it lasts 1 hour, 24 minutes and 54 seconds, which is one minute and 31 seconds shorter than Battlecry (minus the instrumental versions).
- Despite it having the longest track list, it has the shortest average track length of any public album: 1.77 minutes.
- The breakdown of the albums featured is as follows:
- This is the third public album (excluding Demon's Dance) where Bergersen is featured more than Phoenix, with 27 to the latter's 21.
- This is the first time Shadows and Nightmares has been featured on a public album.
- This is the first, and currently the only, public album to feature Monica Barta as a vocalist.
- Bottomless Pit of Torment (with a run time of twenty-two seconds) is the shortest piece on this album whereas Shed My Skin (lasting three minutes and forty-six seconds) is the longest.
- Twisted Children is Thomas Bergersen's 50th public track released under the Two Steps From Hell label.
|Two Steps From Hell Discography|
Volume One • Shadows and Nightmares • Dynasty • All Drums Go To Hell • Pathogen • Nemesis • Dreams & Imaginations • Legend • Ashes • The Devil Wears Nada • Power of Darkness • All Drones Go to Hell • Illumina • Balls to the Wall • Nero • Two Steps From Heaven • Burn • Cyanide • Crime Lab • Open Conspiracy • Amaria • Empire • Stronger Faster Braver • Hammerfist • Trapstar