Dragon, released January 18th, 2019, is the fourteenth public album published by Two Steps From Hell and the fortieth overall. It is the fourth public album to feature only new compositions.
A sequel, named Dragon II, is in the works.
Track List Edit
|#||Title||Composer||From||Later Released On||Vocalist Featured|
|1||Unbreakable||Thomas Bergersen||N/A||N/A||Merethe Soltvedt|
|2||First Contact||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Merethe Soltvedt & Nick Phoenix (uncredited)|
|4||Dragon||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Uyanga Bold|
|5||Emerald Princess||Thomas Bergersen||N/A||N/A||Merethe Soltvedt|
|6||At the Wall||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Nick Phoenix (uncredited)|
|7||Race to Durango||Thomas Bergersen||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|8||Untold||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Felicia Farerre & Merethe Soltvedt|
|10||Riders of the Apocalypse||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Uyanga Bold, Felicia Farerre & Merethe Soltvedt|
|11||Skulls & Trombones||Thomas Bergersen||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|12||Lonely are the Brave||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Felicia Farerre & Merethe Soltvedt|
|13||Letters to God||Thomas Bergersen||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|14||Gift of the Gods||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Uyanga Bold & Nick Phoenix (uncredited)|
|15||Nighthawk||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Merethe Soltvedt|
|16||Snowball Fight||Thomas Bergersen||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|17||Cathedral||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Felicia Farerre & Merethe Soltvedt|
|19||Take Me With You||Nick Phoenix||N/A||N/A||Felicia Farerre & Merethe Soltvedt|
- This is the second public album that has a title derived from a song by Nick Phoenix, after Vanquish.
- This is the first time since Battlecry that Felicia Farerre & Merethe Soltvedt both appear on a track together.
- This is the first public album where Nick Phoenix has more tracks than Thomas Bergersen, with 10 to the latter's nine.
- This album is the third-shortest public album released by the group track-wise, after Colin Frake on Fire Mountain (14) and Vanquish (17).
- However, this album has the longest average track length of any public album (4.3 minutes). Before this, Unleashed held the record with 4.21 minutes.
- This is the first public album since Colin Frake on Fire Mountain where the last track is composed by Nick Phoenix.
- This is the first public album in which Merethe Soltvedt appears as a solo vocalist on a piece solely composed by Nick Phoenix.
- Riders of the Apocalypse is the shortest track on the album, lasting 2 minutes and 52 seconds, while Emerald Princess is the longest, lasting 11 minutes and 1 second.
- This makes Emerald Princess the longest track ever released by Two Steps from Hell.
- Emerald Princess is Thomas' tribute to the late Swedish musician Avicii.
- This is the first album since Felicia Farerre's introduction that she doesn't provide vocals on a piece by Thomas Bergersen.
- It is also the first album where she doesn't appear as a solo vocalist on a song.
- This is the third public album to be released on more than one disc, after Battlecry and Unleashed.
- Like both albums, this CD features instrumental versions of the tracks. The only ones lacking an instrumental version are Race to Durango, Letters to God, Believe and Take me With You.
- Thomas Bergersen mentioned that "Dragonwing" and "Snowball Fight" were the most fun tracks on this album
Promotional Art Edit
CD case Edit
|Two Steps From Hell Discography|
Volume One • Shadows and Nightmares • Dynasty • All Drums Go To Hell • Pathogen • Nemesis • Dreams & Imaginations • Legend • Ashes • The Devil Wears Nada • Power of Darkness • All Drones Go to Hell • Illumina • Balls to the Wall • Nero • Two Steps From Heaven • Burn • Cyanide • Crime Lab • Open Conspiracy • Amaria • Empire • Stronger Faster Braver • Hammerfist • Trapstar