|Preceeded By...||Too Big to Fail (industry album)
Legacy (public album - Japan only)
Battlecry (public album)
|Suceeded By...||Empire (industry album)
Christmas Medley (single)
Classics Volume Two, released on June 2015, was the tenth public album released by Two Steps From Hell and the thirty-second overall. It was the long-awaited sequel to Classics Volume One and, like it's predecessor, included mostly songs that were previously released on industry albums, specifically Dynasty, Nemesis, Legend, The Devil Wears Nada, Power of Darkness, Nero, the extended version of SkyWorld and Amaria.
Notably, however, out of the twenty-five songs included on this album, only fifteen were "classics" and were composed by Thomas Bergersen. The other ten songs, ironically, were new compositions by Nick Phoenix, four of which featured vocal performances by Felicia Farerre, Aya Peard and Nick Phoenix (though the latter was not credited). Nevertheless, all ten of these compositions would later be re-released on the industry album Empire.
|#||Title||Composer||From||Later Released On||Vocalist Featured|
|1||Heaven & Earth||Thomas Bergersen||Dynasty||N/A||N/A|
|3||Atlas||Thomas Bergersen||Power of Darkness||N/A||N/A|
|4||Neverdark||Nick Phoenix||N/A||Empire & Impossible||N/A|
|5||Starfall||Thomas Bergersen||Nero||N/A||Unknown (likely Francesca Genco)|
|6||Aratta||Nick Phoenix||N/A||Empire||Nick Phoenix (uncredited)|
|8||Mythic||Nick Phoenix||N/A||Empire||Felicia Farerre|
|10||Fateful Night||Thomas Bergersen||Legend||N/A||Unknown|
|13||Kogan||Nick Phoenix||N/A||Empire||Felicia Farerre|
|15||Ride With the Saracen||Nick Phoenix||N/A||Empire||N/A|
|16||The Immortals||Thomas Bergersen||Nemesis||N/A||N/A|
|17||Ride to Victory||Thomas Bergersen||Nero||N/A||N/A|
|18||Na Vedui||Nick Phoenix||N/A||Empire||Aya Peard|
|19||The Colonel||Thomas Bergersen||SkyWorld||N/A||N/A|
|22||Flying Snow||Nick Phoenix||N/A||Empire||N/A|
|24||Adventure of a Lifetime||Thomas Bergersen||Legend||N/A||N/A|
|25||Clock Tower Parade||Thomas Bergersen||The Devil Wears Nada||N/A||N/A|
- This is the second "Classics" album released by Two Steps From Hell.
- The breakdown of the albums featured is as follows:
- This is one of six albums not featured on Extreme Music, along with Archangel, Demon's Dance, Halloween, Colin Frake on Fire Mountain and Legacy.
- All of the songs can be found under their respective albums, however.
- This is the seventh time that Bergersen (15) is featured more often than Phoenix (10) in a public album.
- This is somewhat justified in the sense that Bergersen supplied all the "classic" songs while Phoenix composed new songs.
- Both Casablanca and Na Vedui contain audible lyrics, though the language for the former is uncertain but the language for the latter is definitely Tolkien's Elvish (Na Vedui means "At last" in Sindarin).
- Ride to Victory was released on the official YouTube channel on July 4th to celebrate Thomas Bergersen's birthday.
- This album is very similar to its predecessor:
- Both feature tracks from Dynasty, Nemesis, Legend, The Devil Wears Nada, Power of Darkness, Nero and the extended version of SkyWorld.
- The Devil Wears Nada track takes the last spot on the album list.
- Aya Peard provides vocals for one track on both.
- Nick Phoenix provides at least two brand-new tracks on both.
- Both album covers are similar in their layout, with brown colors and one sole subject that is flipped upside down underneath its original picture.
Behind the Scenes
|Two Steps From Hell Discography|
Volume One • Shadows and Nightmares • Dynasty • All Drums Go To Hell • Pathogen • Nemesis • Dreams & Imaginations • Legend • Ashes • The Devil Wears Nada • Power of Darkness • All Drones Go to Hell • Illumina • Balls to the Wall • Nero • Two Steps From Heaven • Burn • Cyanide • Crime Lab • Open Conspiracy • Amaria • Empire • Stronger Faster Braver • Hammerfist • Trapstar • Greatest Hits Remastered • Catch Me • Landscapes • Mind Tracer • Neon Nights • Daybreak